This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how we use your personal information.
Who has control of your personal information?
The Red Lion, Arundel is owned by Chris Lawrie who is registered at TAA, 198 London Road, North End, Portsmouth PO29 JE. This company is the data controller and will use your personal information as described in this Policy.
How to contact us if you have any queries
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact us at : name and address
How do we collect your information?
We collect information about you in a number of different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by telephone and when you visit our pub.
What information do we collect?
When you register through this website or at our pub we ask for certain pieces of information. We may also collect and process information provided by you, for example, by telephone or in other correspondence. The information we collect depends on which services you use but will include the following personal data:
|Personal Data||Why we collect it|
|Title||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|First Name||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|Last Name||So that we can identify you to personalise our services to you.|
|Date of Birth||To make sure you are old enough to receive information from us, to allow us to personalise our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research|
|Email address||We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you emails about our company and offers|
|Postcode||For our own internal analysis and research|
What do we do with your personal information?
In addition to the uses described in the ‘What information do we collect?’ section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you write to us, or email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry
- to provide our services to you;
- to improve and personalise our services;
- to take payments due to us;
- where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for internal analysis and research. For example, we may keep records of your date of birth, address/post code and interests to assist us to identify market trends;
- to host, administer, improve this website.; and/or
- for other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method in which you provide your information to us.
Who we may share your data with
To undertake our legitimate business interests and provide you with the products or services you have requested, we will sometimes have to share your data with third parties, including business partners, suppliers and contractors that we use to undertake our business activities.
We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our email marketing communications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communications to you. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s Privacy Notice.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. This software is provided by Google Analytics which uses analytical/performance cookies to track visitor usage. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Where we process your data
We process data at our operational business address: The Red Lion, 45 High Street, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9AG and (under contract) at the sites of data processors and third parties appointed by us. Some of these processors may be outside the EEA. We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
Grounds for processing your data
We undertake activities for the following reasons
1. In pursuance of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation, including the promotion and marketing of our brand, products and services;
2. To enable us to fulfil any contractual obligations that may exist when you purchase any of our products or services;
3. Based on your consent (if applicable).
Accessing and updating the data we hold
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
1. You can verify the details you have submitted to The Red Lion, Arundel by contacting us by phone, letter or email; email@example.com We may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
2. You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by The Red Lion regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
3. You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point using the same contact methods above;
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our marketing newsletters. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us.
Updates to this policy
Concerns or complaints
If you have any complaints about how we are collecting, storing or processing your data, please contact us on 01903 882214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 23rd May 2018
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time to ensure that you are kept informed of how we use your personal information. We will notify you of any significant changes by flagging the updated policy on our website or by sending you an email.